OK, so here's the scoop. satelite internet is really slow and it take forever (1-2 minutes) to upload each picture. And I'm paying $25 and hour for internet. So, I'm going to write and put a few photos on now and will post more photos once I get home. On Tuesday we went to Turks and Caicos. For me, it was the same old, same old Caribbean Island. I didn't see or hear anything to make it stand out to me. We took a tour around the island and stopped at a museum and lighthouse. Our guide was very informative showing all the medicinal plants that we came across and conch are everywhere...for eating and the shells for decorating. On Thursday the port was La Romana, Dominican Republic. I really like this stop. I don't know why, I just got a good vibe from the whole place and it wasn't like the rest of the Caribbean to me. We took a tour of Santo Domingo, which meant a 1 1/2 hour drive, on our air-conditioned motor coach to get there. I love driving through new places and seeing the people and their homes and businesses. There is alot of Chrisopher Columbus stuff there. We went to the Columbus "light house" and the home where his son lived. The furnishings were original to the 1500's and very cool! Then on to a catherdral, the first in the Americas.. Once in Santo Domingo, it was a walking tour, so Mom got her workout of walking and more steps than she's climbed in 20 years! We hadx time to walk to
Hard Rock Cafe and grab a t-shirt and then it was another bus ride back where most people proceded to fall asleep. Not me of course, I couldn't take the chance of missing a photo op! The 2 words that describe the Dominican Republic are sugarcane and baseball. Both of these things are everywhere. This is one place I hope I get to come back to sometime.
Turks and Caicos, pretty beach
Ok, something seems to be going screwy with getting the photos on so I'll try to send some in another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment