note

...a little glimpse of my very exciting life!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Visitors Beware

I was so excited when I learned that my friends Maria and Jan were going to be down here for a few days to begin moving into their new house.  I went to see them yesterday and after a visit to their house they had asked me to drive them to the airport.  I was happy to be able to do a little something for them because they are always helping people with one thing or another.  So we got in the car to head to the airport and.....my car didn't start.  We jumped out and looked under the hood.  They actually knew what they were looking at unlike me!  My car maintenance skills go as far checking the oil.  So, after calling AAA and being told it could be hours before someone could come, they went to work.  After 2 trips to the auto store thanks to their new neighbor's generosity, my car had a new battery and fuse.  We were finally on the road 2 1/2 hours later.  I felt like a goof having to have them fix my car and end up getting little sleep before their flight early this morning.  They of course, being the wonderful people that they are thought nothing of it.  So, for any of you coming to visit, I'll be happy to drive you to the airport, just remember that you may have to fix my car first!


No comments:

Post a Comment