The last stop on our trip was Crete. Mom stayed on the ship while I went on an excursion. I saw a couple picturesque villages and a neat market. Also, there were olive trees and olive tress and olive trees. They were everywhere! I liked it there. Even though they said tourism was one of their main businesses, things weren't really "touristy". Here are some of the pretty sites:
The first four pictures are from the first village I went to.
Above and below are pics from the second place I went to, a cute little fishing village. I like the little Greek Chapel out on the end of the fishing walkway.
The market! I love going to places like this, especially when it's where the local people go every day to get their food.
The olives were unbelievably yummy!!!
This is right outside the market and was our meeting place after our time in the market. We had a little surprise...the police and firefighters whose salaries have been cut were having a "peaceful demonstration". Luckily it stayed peaceful and we were only about 30 minutes late getting back to the ship because of the crowds blocking the street.
These pictures are awesome. I love the first four. It looks like a lovely place to visit!
ReplyDelete