Yea! The big Buddha came out of the clouds!
The largest sitting Buddha statue in the world.
Ahhh...what can I say...Hong Kong...possibly my favorite place on earth. I fell in love with Hong Kong 30 years ago and was practically in tears this morning as we sailed in. Clouds and rain, but who cares it's Hong Kong.
We sailed in early this morning right around sunrise. I took a tour to Lantau Island because I wanted to see the big Buddha which wasn't built the first time I was here, and I didn't have time the last time I was here. When I was at the top (there is a museum inside the statue), it was totally fogged in, but for a few minutes when I was at the botton the clouds cleared. I was so happy to be able to get a few pics! I also visited a cool fishing village and walked through the fish (smelly) market and the Po Lin Monastery at the base of the statue. It was a fun day. Along with the rain, it was also cooler, about 55 degrees. Tomorrow I get off the boat for 4 days to go to Cambodia and Viet Nam. I'll post again when I get back on the ship.
No comments:
Post a Comment