note

...a little glimpse of my very exciting life!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Port #1 Cozumel

 February 3 was a (Superbowl) Sea Day.  On February 4 we arrived in Cozumel, Mexico.

 I'm not sure why I always take ship pics, I guess I just think they look cool.  

 I didn't take a shore excursion in Cozumel.  I like going to Mayan Ruins but the only excursion went to Tulum.  I've been there 3 times and it would have taken my entire time in the port....that would mean no shopping time..eeks!  So, I headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for a t-shirt.  I saw this guitar from the ship and decided I could walk there.  It only took about 10 minutes, unfortunately, this HRC is under construction.  The open one is "downtown".  A local told me it would take 30 minutes to walk there so I set out.  I must walk slow because it took me an hour.  (And I was walking, not strolling.)

 I saw these cool statues on my walk.

 My feet and face (sunburn) didn't feel like walking back to the ship, so instead of a taxi I took the horse and carriage back.  Of course, the driver didn't want to take me directly to the ship, I got the scenic tour of the back streets where the locals live.  It was pretty cool.

 Once we left the neighborhood we traveled along the coast.  It was very fun and relaxing!  The ride was about 40 minutes long and my feet enjoyed every minute of it!

Back at the port, I snapped a quick pic of the driver and carriage before heading into the port shops for some treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment