This morning I made suet pudding for the first time. My Mom made this every year for Christmas when I was young. I decided that this was the year to finally give it a try.
In case you're like one of the many people I've run into and don't know what suet is, this is it.
That's right, it's beef fat.
It looks a little better after being ground up with citron and raisins. I must saying that I enjoyed using the food processor a lot more than the hand grinder I used as a child.
Once the rest of the ingredients were added, it was ready to be steamed in the pot...for 3 hours.
The finished product!
As you can see, I haven't mastered getting it out of the cans in one piece.
But, it did pass the taste test of Mom!
Now for the clean up. If there is anything worse than washing dishes, I don't know what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment