Yesterday Mom and I departed on a one week Eastern Caribbean Cruise. We traveled on the biggest cruise ship to date...the Oasis of the Seas..along with about 6200 other passengers (and 2000 crew)! We departed from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Our main reason for taking this trip is to check out the boat. We've been to these ports several times.
This morning we arrived in Nassau, Bahamas.
How fun to have greeters sing to us as we came ashore!
Cool little streets to go shopping on!
I had to take this shot of Mom at the check out of the first store we went into. She had told me over and over that she wasn't going to buy anything.
After a little walking around and shopping, we headed back to out big boat.
The ship had a sail away party on the helipad for Crown and Anchor Society members (aka frequent cruiser club). I usually don't bother going to them as the free champagne isn't a draw for me, but I went to this one so I could see the normally inaccessible helipad area.
I know I have this exact photo from a previous trip. The cute lighthouse as you leave the port area.
There were several other ships there.
We had a nice view of Atlantis as we sailed away.
Tomorrow's a sea day, yea! .... my favorite!
Wow, that is a BIG ship! Its always so much fun to read about your many adventures! Have fun!!
ReplyDelete