I used to only think about Pearl Harbor on this day, but 5 years ago that changed. Five years ago today I had my last infusion of nasty, awful, yicky chemotherapy. Thinking back on it now, I honestly don't know how I did it. I had 16 infusions between June 29-December 7 that year. At the time, I would have told you it felt more like at least 100. It zapped every bit of energy I had out of me and it was 3 years before I felt "normal" again. Two weeks after this I started 11 months of less yicky chemotherapy...compared to this first stuff it was nothing and I actually kind of enjoyed it. It gave me a few hours each month to sit there and do nothing and not feel guilty about it! I must mention the nurses I'm surrounded by above. If there are any angels on earth these nurses are certainly among them, I can't imagine doing their job. Day after day of caring for people who are SICK and many who will die, I don't know how they do it.
Have a good day, and be grateful for your life.
Congratulations! We really have so much to be thankful for!
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful for my life, and for yours! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are truly amazing Sue!
ReplyDelete