note

...a little glimpse of my very exciting life!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Messina, Sicily, Italy

Mount Etna, erupting!

We arrived in Messina late this morning.  I decided to go on the tour to Mount Etna.  We stopped at the spot where I took the above photo to look at the mountain/volcano and luck of lucks it was erupting!  Hearing the sound it made was just as exciting as watching it erupt.  After a few minutes there we continued on to 6200 feet to visit the Silvestri Craters and see the 1892 and 2001 lava flows.  This was a fun an interesting day.  I tried to put on a photo 1 1/2 hours later than the one above when we stopped at the photo area on the way down but my connection is bad and it wouldn't upload.  I'll try to put it on tomorrow, it's really neat to see the difference as it gained momentum.  We'll be leaving here in about 30 minutes and arrive in Naples in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment