note

...a little glimpse of my very exciting life!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Varna, Bulgaria

Thursday morning the ship arrived in Varna, Bulgaria.  This was the only tender port on this trip.  Our group left early and we went to a Stone Forest, a monestary, an archeological museum and a cathedral.  The Monestary was my favorite part of the day.  Driving back to the port we noticed that there were some ladies selling their knitted and embroidery items.  Tableclothes, sweaters, etc.  VERY COOL!  There was a bit of time before we had to be back on board so my friends John & Julie and I decided to take a look.  I didn't think I would buy anything (famous last words!), but ended up with a few table runners and doilies.  This was one of the funnest things I did on the trip.  Afterwards, Julie went back the way we came to take another look while John and I went to the beach and walked along it back to the port.  This was a fun stop!



No comments:

Post a Comment