Not far down the road from the hotel was this church. It was military housing and was converted to into a church.
We had a super cool driver that stopped and let us get out a number of times to take photos.
The next several are pics of a moose. Keep in mind that it was probably 2 miles away, so the pics aren't the best.
for this one and the one below I used my super duper zoom...so they are blurry
How cool is this with it's reflection in the water!
Here are some more. Look close and you can see the baby in front of the mom.
I saw 12 moose during the trip....very exciting for me!
They are doing lots of work along the road. A couple times we had to sit and wait 10-15 minutes for the "pilot truck" to come and lead us through. At least we were first in line this time!
Once again, the sheep eluded me on this trip...so I took a pic! I did see 2 bears along the way but they scurried off much too fast for me to get a pic.
this is where the sheep should have been!
We stopped for lunch at the entrance to Kluane Park. I can't begin to describe how pretty it is there. It was one of my highlights last time I went to Alaska and the Yukon (2003).
a new type of flower pot!
It was peak wild flower season while I was there. I'll have to do a post of just the flowers.
We stopped here to check out the dogs. These dogs don't race. This place is kind of like a dog sled dude ranch. You can come pretend you're a musher for a week!
they have 60ish dogs
some are a little more energetic than others
this is one of the retired dogs...nothing was going to phase him
the demo using the 4-wheeler...the dogs were VERY excited to run
We made it to Whitehorse right around dinner time. It was raining but I went for a walk along the Yukon River anyway because it was my only day there.
There's a great walking/bike path along the river, it was a great walk despite the rain.
the SS Klondike, once one of the few boats to travel the Yukon, now it's a museum.
I put my umbrella down long enough to snap a pic.
We stopped here, on the edge of Whitehorse as we left the next morning. This used to be one of the roughest spots along the Yukon River until they put a dam in.
My last look at Whitehorse.
No comments:
Post a Comment