The Alaska Railroad
We followed the Nenana River for quite awhile on our way to Fairbanks.
The trip from Denali Park to Fairbanks took about 4 hours.
The water is grey from the glacial silt.
This morning (Saturday) I went on a Chena River riverboat cruise.
I thought some of my former coworkers might get a kick out of this. Pull your airplane out of the driveway and take off on the river. (There's a grass ramp leading down to the water not in the photo.)
It was pretty and peaceful on the river.
There was a misty rain most of the morning.
reindeer
Here are Dasher, Cupid and Blitzen!
After the riverboat...
Panning for gold! I love doing this! I don't even care that I only got $5 worth of gold.
Last stop today was this section of the Alaska Pipeline.
You can see in going into the ground in the left side of the photo.
Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I leave Fairbanks and head off to the Yukon. It's a little "rustic" there so I probably won't be able to post anything for a few days. I'm excited, I love the Yukon!
Oh man what a dream. I love Alaska so much it is one of my most favorite places it is just so beautiful. Thanks for posting pictures!
ReplyDelete